If you would like to straighten your smile for a healthier, more appealing smile without wearing traditional braces, the Invisalign® smile system may be just right for you. Our experienced team in is pleased to offer Invisalign for our patients. We have helped patients straighten their smiles with this system with great results. What can you look forward to correcting with the help of Invisalign?
The benefits of Invisalign® treatment
- Fixing gapped teeth: If you the leave gaps in your smile untreated you may end up with problems with your gums, including periodontal pockets making you at higher risk of gum disease.
- Fixing an overbite: With an overbite, your upper teeth bite over your bottom teeth. Left untreated, this can cause gum irritation and the wearing of your lower teeth. Eventually, you may experience jaw and joint problems.
- Fixing your underbite: Do your lower teeth stick out past your front teeth? If so, you may have problems with the normal function of your front teeth and even your molars. This can result in wear and tear on teeth and eventual painful jaw and joint problems.
- Fixing an open bite: When some of your teeth don’t meet the opposite teeth, you may not be able to chew properly. If this is left uncorrected, you can end up with pain when you chew or problems with your speech. Eventually, it can lead to TMJ or temporomandibular joint disorder.
- Fixing overcrowding: Your teeth can become crowded if there’s not enough room for them to fit properly. With time this can make your teeth crooked, leading to gum disease and plaque buildup because of difficulty being able to brush and floss properly.
- Fixing a crossbite: If your jaws are both misaligned, you can end up with a crossbite. This means one or more of your upper teeth can bite the inside of the lower teeth. If this should occur, you can end up with wear and tear on the enamel, problems with gum disease, or bone loss.
As you can see, Invisalign has many benefits. With Invisalign, you simply wear your aligners as scheduled, change them out on schedule, and visit us every 2-3 weeks to make sure your smile is aligning. Since you take the aligners out to eat, you can still enjoy your favorite foods without worry about harming brackets and wires or cleaning around them. This also means you can maintain your oral health without worrying about wires and brackets.
If you are interested in aligning your smile with the Invisalign® system, we invite you to give our team a call at (973) 377-6500 to schedule a consultation. If you are excited about the benefits of to your smile, we are excited to help you achieve them!