By now you have seen that at Adams Dental we strive to offer a quality approach to dentistry for our patients. One of the ways we do that is by making sure our procedures and treatments are safe for your oral health. For this reason, we are pleased to offer digital x-rays to protect your smile health.
Our team employs digital x-rays which use modern technology to see intricate images of your teeth, jawbone, and soft tissue to find anomalies which are not visible otherwise. This means our doctors can spot subtle cracks in dental fillings, bone loss, or decay happening between your teeth. While the traditional method of taking x-rays is considered to be safe it still exposes you to more radiation than the digital variety.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- With digital x-rays, you are experiencing 80% less radiation than your traditional versions.
- Digital x-rays allow us to take pictures of your mouth through a sensor in your mouth that is connected to a thin wire to the computer, while traditional x-rays involve cumbersome lead bibs and papers in the mouth with cutting edges.
- Digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than using chemicals and film paper in traditional x-rays.
- Digital x-rays provide insight in seconds and can be resized without compromising quality or accuracy.
- Your digital x-rays can be forwarded electronically to another specialist or to support insurance claims without having to deal with cumbersome film paper.
In summary, digital x-rays are easy to use while efficiently producing accurate results quickly. Our team at Adams Dental is always ready to use cutting-edge technology to help our patients achieve healthy smiles. We invite you to give us a call at (973) 377-6500 if you have any questions or concerns, or to schedule your next visit with our dentists!