We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our office. We do not yet have an official date to re-open but are preparing the office to ensure the safety of our staff and patients.
· At this time, based on state guidelines, we will begin seeing patients with emergencies and those in need of necessary care.
· We are sure you are aware of the scarcity of personal protective equipment (PPE). PPE is vital to our protection of both you and our team. Please be aware that our ability to see patients is limited by our access to PPE and have been informed that the supply chain will be challenging until mid-June.
We understand the fear and concerns you may have regarding your safety and want you to know that our office has always had protocols aligned with OSHA and CDC guidelines. However, in light of COVID-19 and updated guidance, we have established additional protocols and systems to ensure your safety and that our of team members.
You will notice many positive changes as we work to ensure your safety and provide you with the dental care that you need and deserve.
Below is a list of some of our enhanced protocols implemented to protect you:
· Extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
· You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment.
· Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
· Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the practice.
· Removal of magazines, pens and other items that can transfer germs.
· Hand sanitizers positioned throughout the practice.
· We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients and essential caregivers upon entering and exiting the office.
· Installed sneeze guards at reception areas.
· Require hand washing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
· Introduce an oral pre rinse for all patients to reduce germs in the mouth.
· Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
· Record the temperature of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
· Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
· Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
· Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration.
· Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with rotation of operatories
· Additional personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, hats and masks.
· Introduction of engineering control protocols to reduce airborne aerosols during dental procedures.
· Enhanced daily and nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and light switches.
· Fewer and longer appointment times to allow for both social distancing and ability to provide maximum care in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
· Telehealth services for post op exams, follow up communication and myofunctional therapy that can be done online or through video education.
As we transition back to the office know that we are eager to hear from you about your concerns and appreciate any feedback you can provide. We know that some of the screening questions, physical barriers and PPE may seem imposing and make our personal interactions challenging (just think of not being able to shake hands?), but our love and concern for all of you is still strong. We know how important your oral health is to your overall health and are eager to return to caring for you.
Adams Dental Team